Sector of Clinical Microbiology
In the laboratory for entero infections and urogenital infections are examined the following materials:
- Urogenital smears (smear from urethra, vulva, vagina cervix)
Types of examination:
Isolation and identification of Salmonella, Shigela, Clostridium defficile and in children entero pathogenic E coli, Adenoviruses
Isolation and identification of urinal infections.E.Coli. Proteus spp. Enterobacter spp, Citrobacter spp, Klebsiella spp….
Isolation and identification of the causers of the genital infections:Streptococcus aggalctiae, Streptoccocus faecalis, Gardnerella vaginals, Mycoplasma, Ureplasma, Chlamydia…
Determination of the sterility of saline and other medical solutions
Biological control of sterility on dry and wet sterilizers and autoclaves
Isolation and identification of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria: Streptoccus pyogenes (A, B, D), Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella (Branchamella) catarrhalis, Neisseria Meningitidis, Bacteroides spp, Candida species, Aspergillus spp…
Determination of the sensitivity of isolated bacterial kinds, sperm, particular antibiotics (antibiogram) with disc-diffusion method and automated. identification and antibiogram device Microscan auto SCAN 4.
The identification of the bacterial kinds in these laboratories is made with contemporary diagnostics Microscan auto SCAN 4-device , high selective base, commercial Slidex texts.
In the laboratory for entero infections and urogenital infections infections are examined the following materials:
Smears from throat, nose, ears, wounds, fractures, abscees…
Tracheal aspirate, cough smear, bronchial secretion
Blood for hemoculture
Cerebrospinal fluid CSF
Smears from working surfaces, objects and hospital material for sterility control, according to program for intrahospital infections
Biological control of sterility on dry and wet sterilizers and autociaves
The sector for bacteria bases, washing up and sterilization, the following things are:
- Decontamination of the bacterial material, washing, preparing for sterilization and final sterilization.
- Preparation of the bacteriological bases , boiling and their sterilization
Section for accepting materials and issuing results:
In the section for accepting materials and issuing results is accepting material for microbiological examination and after done analysis appropriate results are issued.
Here is important to mention the general rules for taking samples from clinical material for microbiological examination.
General rules for taking samples from clinical materials for microbiological examination
WARNING:From the proper manner of taking the material for analysis, depends the validity-accuracy of the result. For that aim we need to take care for:
1.The sample (material) has to be taken from the place of the infection, in order to discover the etymologically causer.
2. The sample has to be taken in sterile dishes that are closed good (the sterile dishes can be taken in the PHI CPH Tetovo)
3. Avoiding contamination with physiological flora
4. The sample dish has to be signed with name and surname of the diseased
5. The payment check which in the same time has to be send is clearly written with clear information for the material send, what kind of analysis is demanded , age, sex, diagnosis, taken therapy…
6. The sample by default has to be taken before the start of the antibiotic therapy, if that is impossible, the taken antibiotics have to mention.